US 10/WIS 441, I-41 Interchange Phase 1
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (NE Region)
Winnebago County, WI
Total Estimated Cost
DAAR was part of a four consultant team providing oversight on the staged construction of the first phase of construction for the completely redesigned WIS 441/I-41 system interchange and construction of the substructure work for the new 21-span concrete girder bridge and approaches over Little Lake Butte des Morts (B-70-403) in Winnebago County.
This project was awarded the 2019 Slag Cement Project of the Year award in the category of High Performance by The Slag Cement Association (SCA).
The project also involved causeway and construction of B-70-403 in the water of Little Lake Butte des Morts. This bridge is a 22-span concrete girder bridge that will be directly adjacent to the existing bridge, B-70-061. Other items of work include common excavation, embankment, base aggregate, HMA pavement, ITS, lighting, signing, bridge widening and overlay of bridge B-70-158; extension of culvert C-70-200, 13 sign structures, concrete pavement, erosion control, traffic control and complex traffic switches.
Major items of work include:
• Common excavation and borrow embankment
• Breaker run
• Base course
• Wick drains
• Settlement monitoring
• Box culvert extensions
• Retaining walls
• Staged temporary widening
• Construction of a 6-span concrete girder bridge
• Project administration, budgeting and monitoring
• Multiple stage construction sequence with accelerated schedule utilizing night and day shifts
• Field manager, project estimates and WisDOT lane closure updates
• Coordinating with utilities