WisDOT Interim Communications Manager
Under this contract, DAAR provided a Communications Specialist to serve as the interim Regional Communications Manager during a 1-year vacancy at the Wisconsin Department of Transportation’s Southeast Region office.
Responsibilities involved providing support to the Regional Directors office for development of talking points and presentations, writing letter/e-mail responses for the region, and coordinating the annual legislative outreach program.
In addition, this contract included evaluating, preparing and implementing public outreach plans; responding to media inquires and monitoring local media for WisDOT stories; preparing project related press releases, newsletter and fact sheets; and developing the weekly construction report.
- Write, edit, and design public information documents.
- Develop press releases
- Coordinate and arrange special events
- Assist in legislative outreach and media relations
- Research and write content for various region presentations
- Coordinate internal communications materials
- Develop new, and maintain all current regional project Web sites