WIS 23 Freeway Designation and Corridor Preservation Study
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (NE Region)
Sheboygan County, WI
Total Estimated Cost
Transportation Planning services were preformed for this project to identify the existing and anticipated future roadway conditions along the WIS 23 Corridor from County P (Plymouth) to WIS 32 (Sheboygan Falls).
Wisconsin State Highway 23 serves as a main thoroughfare between Fond du Lac and Sheboygan. As the communities along this segment of roadway continue to grow and develop, traffic and demand for access to businesses and residences along it will also increase.
A comprehensive public involvement plan was developed, including:
• Public information meetings
• Local official meetings
• One on one meetings with property owners
In addition a stakeholder committee consisting of local officials, business community representatives, agricultural interests and community planners was assembled to provide input on the project plans from a local perspective.
• Analysis of existing and future conditions
• Development of alternatives and official corridor mapping
• Alternative selection and final recommendations
• Preliminary engineering and environmental assessment