US 14 - Wisconsin River Bridge
DAAR provided construction management for this 1.5-mile project which included the bridge replacement of an arch truss structure over the Wisconsin River in Sauk and Iowa counties, WI. The new structure is a 10-span precast concrete girder bridge supported on V-shaped piers with architecture formliner and concrete staining.
The project involved new roadway alignment, grading, marsh excavation and traffic control. The new structure was completed while maintaining traffic on existing US 14. The existing arch bridge was removed after traffic was switched to the new bridge. Coordination with WisDNR was very important as this project is within the Wisconsin Lower Riverway System. Extreme care had to be taken not to introduce non-native species into this ecosystem during all phases of construction.
- Generated all project estimates, contractor payments and records of all bid item quantities using Field Manager
- Inspected all phases of bridge and roadway construction
- Coordinated all weekly construction scheduling meetings
- Performed all material sampling, documentation and finals preparation
- DNR coordination required due to construction over navigable water as well as environmentally sensitive Wisconsin Riverway corridor