WisDOT Southwest Region Management Consultant
DAAR served as Management Consultant from 2005-2011 representing the Wisconsin Department of Transportation for approximately 21 projects in design and construction. These projects were located in Jefferson, Sauk, and Dodge Counties. The program consisted of typical bridge, complex bridge, rural, and urban type design projects.
The primary objective of this project is to administer and oversee the work of other engineering firms and community government engineers. Our responsibilities include ensuring design and construction project activities comply with State and Federal guidelines and regulations. In this capacity we act as an extension of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation. The range of work involves a variety of projects including roadways and bridges that enhance the Southwest Wisconsin transportation region.
- Project scoping, scheduling, budgeting and monitoring
- Consultant selection and contract negotiation
- Develop & maintain project management database
- Project design review for consistency with the Department’s policies and guidance
- Utility coordination review
- Real Estate review
- Area construction supervisor services
- Construction contract modification review and processing
- Construction problem and contractor claims resolution
- Construction project closeout